Looking for a quick and easy meal? This one can be done in about 30 minutes and doesn’t require cutting anything up. Easy enough?
1) You will need a 10″ – 12″ cast iron pan or a saute pan with high sides.
2) The best way to prepare the garlic cloves is to separate them from the head, take each one and smash it as hard as you can under the broad side of a chef’s knife. At this point you can easily peel the skin off leaving the rest of the smashed clove.
Servings: 2 – 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound of Italian sausage links
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated and smashed (see note 2. above)
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 (14-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12″ high sided saute pan (I use a cast iron pan. When the oil is shimmering add the sausage and cook until brown on the bottom (approximately 1 minute).
- Move pan off the heat and add the garlic, Italian seasoning, beans and chicken stock. Stir the mixture. The stock should only come about half way up the sausage.
- Put the pan back on the heat and bring to a boil. Return to a simmer, cover and cook for five minutes.
- Uncover and cook in center rack of oven for 15 minutes. Check seasoning and add salt and pepper to test.
- Move pan to top rack and broil on high for 2 minutes (until top of sausage is browned).
- Remove from oven and let cool for five minutes before serving.