Servings: 24 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels
- Chocolate sprinkles, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter with both sugars at medium speed (setting 4) until light, about 1 minute. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. At low speed (setting 2), beat in the dry ingredients one cup at a time. Stir in the chips and pretzels.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan and top with sprinkles. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden; the center will still be a little gooey. Transfer the pan to a rack and let cool completely.
- Lift the bar out using the parchment paper. Cut into 24 squares and serve.