I love making my own noodles for lasagna. I can cut them to the exact length of the pan and because they are thin and fresh, you don’t need to boil them. However, you do need a pasta machine for this recipe. This makes more than we need for lasagna so I make the excess into spaghetti.
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon water
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix eggs, water, flour, water and salt in the mixer bowl of a stand mixer. Use the flat beater attachment and mix on low (speed 2) for 30 seconds.
- Replace the flat beater with the dough hook and knead on low (speed 2) for another 2 minutes.
- Remove dough from bowl and knead by hand on a lightly floured board until dough is smooth (2 – 3 minutes).
- Wrap dough in plastic and let rest for 30 minutes. Do not skip this step.
- Divide dough into four pieces and process according to pasta roller directions until rolled to setting 5. Keep each piece of dough wrapped until you need it.
Makes 1 1/4 pounds of pasta.