This recipe is from Martha Stewart Living. These are the most lemony cookies I’ve ever made.
Makes 18 cookies.
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ C unsalted butter
- 1 C sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 C lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, sal and lemon zest.
- In a stand mixer on medium speed using the beater beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and lemon juice and beat until combined. Set speed to low and beat in flour mixture one third at a time until completely incorporated.
- Drop dough by heaping tabelspoons, 1 inch apart, onto two baking sheets. Bake until edges are golden, 15 – 20 minutes.
- Let cool 2 minutes on sheets then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Whisk together confectioners’ sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Dip the top of each cookie in the glaze. Let set for at least one hour.